- 1 Best Touch Screen Car Stereo Reviews
- 2 Best Touch Screen Car Stereo Reviews Buying Guide
- 3 How Do You Install a Car Stereo?
- 4 Conclusion
The perfect car needs to have the perfect entertainment system and there is nothing better than the best touch screen car stereo for your sound system. By having a state-of-the-art car stereo, your car interior will look good and you will have access to new and more advanced features. There’s no reason why you should settle for a basic stereo that will only allow you to listen to the local radio station.
When you’re driving, you will need all the entertainment that you can get to take your mind off the travel time or the traffic situation. Although they don’t come in cheap prices, a touch screen car stereo is worth every cent. Read on for the best touch screen car stereos in the market today.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|Pioneer AVH-280BT In-Dash DVD Receiver|| (4.2 / 5) |
|JVC KW-HDR81BT Car Receiver|| (4.2 / 5) |
|Jensen VX7022 SiriusXM|| (4 / 5) |
|Kenwood DDX-371 Car Stereo Receiver|| (3.9 / 5) |
|BOSS AUDIO BV9364B Double-DIN|| (3.4 / 5) |
Best Touch Screen Car Stereo Reviews
The Pioneer AVT-280BT In-Dash will surely give you all the entertainment that you need while you’re on the road. It is built with a powerful, intuitive and responsive NEX interface that is easy to navigate and can be customized according to your liking. This is easily the best touch screen car stereo with its touch screen that displays more vibrant and brighter colors compared to other products. In addition, the increased touch feature also allows it to be more responsive.
When it comes to calling and connectivity, the Pioneer AVH-280BT will not disappoint with its wireless audio streaming features. Thanks to Bluetooth along with this stereo’s simple pairing technique, everything is so much easier to sync and connect. You won’t have any trouble finding your favorite song with this stereo’s song, album and artist search which you can use along with its voice recognition ability.
This stereo is a great addition to your brand-new car and you won’t regret spending your hard-earned money because of all its great features. When it comes to security, this touch screen stereo has it all. It allows you to call your friends and family safely with its hands-free calling feature and you can command it using voice recognition. It also comes with a great 6.2-inch screen that has a LED backlight display.
JVC has long been known to deliver the best kind of sound entertainment products and the KW-HDR81BT is sure to live up to your expectations as the best touch screen car stereo. It features a large LCD multicolor screen that gives you a whole set of colors to choose from. It is very easy to operate and you can mute the whole system just by pushing the knob. It is also equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology for maximum connectivity.
Safety is always your first priority and this stereo is great for its hands-free calling and voice recognition dialing features. You ever have to use your hands to dial while you drive and you can prevent yourself from getting into an accident. It also notifies you once you receive a text message so you won’t have to check your phone’s screen from time to time, giving your undivided attention on the road.
Another great feature is the 24-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter that lets you use your computer to play music through a USB stereo. Now you can enjoy your jam even though your device still uses an analog output. For added features, this stereo also supports hands-free calling and phone book access and transfer features that will make calling people a breeze. This stereo also allows you to connect two phones full-time and can also play internet radio.
If you are looking for the best touch screen car stereo, the Jensen VX7022 Multimedia receiver is a solid candidate. It features a 6.2-inch High Res TFT Touch screen that is sure to display the best quality videos while you drive through traffic. It is also built with an integrated navigation system that can help you find your way around different cities. As a bonus, you can take advantage of the app connectivity that is compatible with Apple, Android and Blackberry.
For connectivity, you can use the Bluetooth wireless technology to stream music through different internet radio applications on your smartphone. It also allows you to charge your phone in its 2.1-Amp USB port, giving you non-stop entertainment for hours. If you still have an analog device, you will find that the 3.5mm Aux jack found in the front panel is very useful. The SD card slot is also available which supports video and music files
The Jensen VX7022 is full of features that are designed to make your driving experience not only easier but also more convenient. Along with these high-quality features, you are also allowed to customize the wallpaper according to your choice by uploading photos. If needed, there is an option for the additional Steering Wheel Control Interface which is sold separately.
Kenwood has been making high-quality car stereos for quite a long time and they have been doing a great job. The New Kenwood DDX-371 is equipped with a 6.1-inch wide LCD display that shows VGA Color and has a LED backlight. It is one of the best touch screen car stereo today with its touch panel control and variable key illumination and Bluetooth connectivity for your smart phones and other gadgets.
Stream music through your phone or watch movies and videos to entertain yourself as you go for that long drive. Also, if you make a lot of calls while you’re on the road for work or business, you can enjoy the hands-free phonebook transfer ability. This lets you access missed calls, last calls and the phonebook so you can conveniently make phone calls while driving. This will ensure your safety as you don’t have to use your hands for anything else but driving.
As a bonus, the New Kenwood DDX-371 also has an RCA input that allows you to display your rear-view camera. If you’re using an iPhone, you’re lucky because this car stereo allows automatic Bluetooth pairing via USB for a faster synchronization process. With all its great features and easy-to-use functions, you will surely enjoy this car stereo and it will surely be worth every cent.
Get ready for your next road trip with one of the best touch screen car stereo sold in the market today. The BOSS AUDIO BV9364B gives you a 6.2-inch monitor with touchscreen capabilities that allows you to display videos and play high quality music. This digital car stereo can play DVD, CD, MP3, WMA and other media formats for your convenience.
It’s also built with bass, treble, fader and balance controls as well as a built-in equalizer so you can fine tune your music the way you want to. The inputs available for this car stereo are USB, Micro SD, Aux and AV for your Rear Camera View. You won’t have any trouble playing any kind of music device with these available inputs and options. You can even take advantage of the Steering Wheel Control that is sold separately.
If you’re travelling with companions that have to take the backseat, they won’t have any problems navigating your audio system with this stereo’s wireless remote. You can also rely on the Bluetooth wireless technology for all kinds of connectivity-related issues as well as hands-free calling and voice commands. Connect your phone and use your media apps like photo albums, internet radio, video player and more to really use the functions of this one-of-a-kind modern car stereo.
Best Touch Screen Car Stereo Reviews Buying Guide
What is a Touch Screen Media Receiver?
In general, a media receiver is a car stereo that, unlike the older version, does not come with an integrated CD player. The latest receivers today include touchscreen options, USB ports, aux inputs, SD card slot, as well as Bluetooth connectivity. The more advanced modes even allow you to synchronize your phone and make hands-free calls using your phone’s contacts.
Things that You Need to Consider When Buying a Car Stereo
Start with the aesthetics
Since you’re going to be installing your car stereo in a place where you will always see it, you need to choose one that looks good. Choose the color, the size and the design that blends with your car’s interior. The best car stereo will look like it was part of the car when you first purchased it.
Choose the type of input that you need
There are many different kinds of inputs that are available in today’s modern car stereos. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Ipad and Iphone Controls — Apple products are great to use with digital car stereos because most of them are designed to support them. This feature makes it easier for you to navigate the files easier and faster either by hand or through hands-free voice commands (Siri).
- USB Inputs — USB flash drives are great for storing all sorts of media and digital car stereos usually have USB ports in the front panel. Using this port, you can play media that is stored in your hard drive. Some digital car stereos also allow you to control your Android phone so make sure to check the details on the product description.
- SD Card Slot — Most digital car stereos are built with SD card slots that allow you to stream media from your own SD card. If you are one of those people who like the portability and size of these cards, you will surely enjoy this feature.
- Aux Inputs — A mini jack aux input is simple and very universal as it supports most plug and play radios and music players. If you want your car stereo to be convenient for everyone in the family, you might want to choose one that has this.
- Bluetooth Connectivity — You can be sure that with Bluetooth Connectivity, you can enjoy hands-free calls with your phones. However, this feature also allows you to stream music wirelessly from your device to your stereos.
- Sound Controls — The best touch screen car stereo will allow you to customize the sound that comes out from your car’s speakers. To make sure that you have the best quality sound in your car, choose a stereo that has bass, treble and mid-range controls. Having mid-range controls will drastically improve the quality of your music. Another option is going for a car stereo that has a great equalizer so you can tweak the sounds and perform experiments with the sound quality.
- HD Radio Signal — Radio stations broadcasting digital signals are becoming more and more prevalent. To gain the benefits of static-free reception and better sound quality, your stereo must have an HD Radio tuner built in.
- Application Mode — Mobile phones come with mobile apps that can stream music like an internet radio. Once you sync your phone via USB or Bluetooth, you can use your media apps to stream music or play videos.
- Android Support — Just like the Apple support, some digital car stereos come with Android support once you connect it via USB. You can also use your Android apps to stream media once this is supported.
- Satellite Radio— If you want to add satellite radio to your new car stereo, make sure that the stereo you choose is “SiriusXM-ready.” That means it can control an optional hideaway satellite radio tuner.
- Preamp Outputs — If you are planning to have a more powerful setup for your car’s audio, you need to consider having preamp outputs. This allows you to connect external amplifiers to your speakers or your subwoofer. If you are planning to install a subwoofer, you also need a car stereo that features a dedicated output for your subwoofer. Having a dedicated output lets you adjust the volume of your subwoofer independently.
- Display — For your own convenience, you can choose a display that shows the song, artist and album information of the media. If you like to watch video clips during stops, you also need to consider a bigger screen with high-quality resolution.
Why Do I Need a Digital Car Stereo?
There are people who are content with having a simple car stereo that usually came with the vehicle when they purchased it. So, you may be curious as to why other people prefer to replace them with newer, digital car stereos. For starters, when it comes to technology, newer is always better but here are other reasons why you should consider getting a newer car stereo.
- Better Sound Quality — Newer stereos often give you improved features and processors that directly affect its quality and your sound experience. You can also count on these stereo’s fine tuning to give you high-quality sound especially if you are customizing your car’s speakers or putting in a subwoofer.
- Ease of Use — Newer digital car stereos give you ease of operation to control your stereo while you use them. It also gives your stereo intuitive features that gives it a better and more modern feel.
- Video Display Capabilities — Now that car stereos support touchscreen features, it also gave way to the ability to play videos and connect to your smartphone’s screen. This is very useful especially if you want to run videos from your phone or when you are using its GPS application for navigation.
- Better Aesthetics — Newer stereos look better and more futuristic compared to old ones. Because of this, you can give your interior a better “center of attention” with a better display, sounds and graphics.
How Do You Install a Car Stereo?
Depending on the model that you have, some car stereos might need some tools and some specific steps to install a car stereo. However, when it comes to basic installation, all you need is a couple of screwdrivers, socket wrench and a wire stripper and crimper. If you are more of a visual learner, you can check the internet for videos and tutorials. Here are some of the basic steps.
1. Removing the Old Unit
First, you have to disconnect the electricity in the car by removing the negative terminal from the battery. Make sure that you have your brakes on. The next part is removing the old stereo and for this step, you will need a set of DIN tools (named after the inventor). These tools are needed to remove the stereo that is held down by clip mountings.
In some cases, the stereo might have been bolted down by four screws that you need to remove first. The stereo will also be connected to your car’s electrical system which can include the antenna and the wiring harness.
2. Installing the New Unit
After removing the old car stereo, you can now connect the wiring for the new unit. Manufacturers usually provide the wiring harnesses needed for this process so it should be easy and simple. If you do not find any wiring harness provided, the existing stereo wire should be matched with the new ones to work (you can check the internet for illustrations to help you). After matching the wires, you can now connect them by crimping or soldering (recommended).
3. Using a Stereo Harness and Switched or Constant Power
If you do not want to use an individual stereo harness, you should be familiar with constant and switched power. Switched power means that the power is on when the ignition is turned on while constant power means there is power at all times. Constant power is good for saving your presets and other settings even if the vehicle is turned off.
It’s also recommended that you ground your car stereo. You can do this by using a custom wiring or by connecting your grounding wire to any bolt or screw that is directed to your metal chassis. If your vehicle has a video monitor as part of its audio system, it has to be connected to the wire on your emergency brake. Doing so will trigger the video with the parking brake.
4. Using a Mounting Kit
You can easily install the best touch screen car stereo with the use of a mounting kit and you need to install this before the actual metal unit. Remember, you need to combine the wiring adapter to the harness as well as plug in the antenna cable before you fasten the unit. Before inserting the unit, you can test all of its functions first to see if it’s working properly.
5. Inserting the New Unit
After testing that everything is working properly with your audio system, you can now fit the metal sleeve into your dashboard. You can use a backstrap for additional stereo support to reinforce the unit and reduce vibration.
The center of attention in your car’s dashboard is its car stereo and it is also responsible for making sure that your vehicle has good entertainment at all times. Because of this, the best touch screen car stereo should be a priority when you’re upgrading your vehicle’s audio system. Although some digital car stereos may come with a price, you can check its features and details to see if it’s worth your money.
Today’s more advanced stereos come with better display, audio inputs and outputs as well as sound controls so you need to know what works for you before purchasing. The Pioneer AVH-280BT is known to be one of the best-selling in-dash stereo today because of its NEX User Interface, 6. 2-inch high resolution display and other great features and support.
Remember that when you are upgrading your vehicle’s car stereo, what’s important is convenience and ease of use. Mobile phone synchronization is also a great feature to use with your apps like GPS, internet radio and media player while you drive. Hands-free calling and voice recognition on the best touch screen car stereo is a must as it promotes safety and security.
Check out other Car Speakers & Radio too!
- Car Speaker (also best car speaker here)
- 6x9 Speakers (also here)
- 6.5 Car speakers (also here)
- 6x8 Speakers (also here)
- Best Car Amplifier (also this list)
- Best Component Speaker (also 6.5-inch version)
- Car Subwoofer & 15-inch subwoofer (also best subwoofer)
- Best Touch Screen Car Stereo (also here)
- Best Walkie Talkie (also here)
- Police & Radio Scanner (also here)
- Marine Radio (also here)
- Emergency Hand Crank Radio (also here)
- CB Radio (also here)
- CB Antenna (also here)